Monday, December 29, 2008

New computer!

So for the holidays, I got all of the parts to build my very own desktop computer! I got an Intel Core 2 Quad E6600 (Clockspeed 2.4 Ghz), an EVGA 750i SLI motherboard, four gigs of RAM (2x2 Corsair), an XFXforce 9600 GSO NVIDIA graphics card, and a 750 gig Seagate Barracuda. I got it all assembled, and it didn't boot up. At all. I got an FF (Fully functional) on the debug screen of the MoBo, but no POST, and no graphics. While following the instructions of the answer to the question I posted on Yahoo! Answers, I rebuilt. This time it POSTed, and got to the press F1 to continue screen but I didn't have any graphics. (I only know it says this because the debug screen said 7F which means waiting for user input, and on my friends computer you need to press F1). After pressing that, it got to FF, but still no graphics. I'm going over to the friends house later to see if we can get it working.

No comments: